Project duration: 8 months
CLIENT: Casio Calculators
Casio is a world leader in the production of modern calculators. The idea of Casio’s functioning in the market is about taking an active part in the life of society, mainly by supporting educational research on the use of new technologies in teaching. Over 41 years of Casio’s presence in the global consumer electronics market, the company has sold over on billion calculators all over the world.
- The main objective set for the Agency was to promote mathematics with the use of key social media tools.
- Extra goals:
- Building a real community around the Casio brand on Facebook.
- Promoting a client-run blog.
- The main target group were students of grammar schools, junior high schools and high schools as well as science students from universities.
- Parents actively participating in the process of their children’s education as well as teachers created an indirect target group.
- Preparing a coherent communication strategy for a Kalkulatory.pl brand page and micro blogs (Blip, Twitter).
- Creation of interesting content, attracting attention of people interested in mathematics and education issues in Poland and in the world.
- Preparation and publicizing a contest.
- Conducting the contest without using a dedicated contest application, in compliance with Facebook official rules.
- Promotion of a Poland-wide video and mathematics contest “Math Turns Me On”, directed at young people (pupils, students).
- The contest’s formula used the key social media tools and engaged internet users in its course.
- Preparing a world’s first Facebook application enabling its user to prepare for A level tests in mathematics.
- The program generated one A level test question a day. The application’s user could check their performance, i.e. the number of correct tasks. Information on user’s participation in preparing for A level tests on Facebook was visible for all his/her friends (viral component).
- Coordination and publicizing a project directed at students for A level math’s tests through social media.
- “Free Math’s Tuition” – a series of weekly lectures in Warsaw, Poznan and Katowice accomplished in cooperation with universities.
- 1800 fans of Kalkulatory.pl website during the first phase of activities on Facebook, without no ads purchased.
- The content of information placed on Kalkulatory.pl brand page is always very well received by the page’s fans, which is visible due to a high rate of interactions.
- During three months of the Math Takes Me On contest over 60 videos were submitted.
- Videos on the contest YouTube channel noted over 1 million views.
- In November 2011, the Math Takes Me On channel was the most popular YouTube channel in the world.
- The winning video in the third edition was viewed by over 500 thousand web users.
- During 48 hours, the application was used by over 3000 Facebook users.
- According to many editorial teams, the application changed Facebook perception as entertainment-only destination.
- After eight months, the word “calculators” is identified with the brand Casio, and the brand itself – with custom, modern and innovative forms of math’s promotion in Poland.
- Client-run blog provides inspiration for meetings with the media during which the blog’s author acts as an expert in modern forms of education promotion.
- Each of 12 Free Math’s Tuition lectures had a very high attendance and interest among participants.